Friday, August 12, 2011

is
for
Summer Camp.
This summer all of my nieces and nephews went to sleep-away camp.  I loved going to camp when I was young and still remember how much I looked forward to it every year.  I am so thrilled that they all love camp as much as I did!


One of my all time favorite movies is Meatballs - Bill Murray at his best - and I have watched that movie countless times with Bea, Sol, Max, and Eloise - part of being a cool Aunt requires bringing over movies that their mom's might not choose!


Bill Murray made being a camp counselor seem pretty cool.


Love this cabin plaque with all of the bunkmates names listed! 


Every camp seems to rest next to a gorgeous lake.


The sleeping cabins always had their own charm!


I wish I could still go away to camp!

This looks like a pretty good version of camp for adults.


I love a good dining hall.


When I was in high school our time at camp involved building new docks and putting new roofs on the cabins - it was so much fun and really rewarding.


I dug up this old picture from camp - me in the middle of my two best friends from camp, Salam and Hilary.  Such good memories!

My nephew Max gets back from his first week at camp this Saturday - I can't wait to hear all of his stories!

2 comments:

  1. I am sitting hear reading blogs while I wait for my 12 year old to arrive home from camp...seriously! I love the photo of you and your two best buds...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Hope your kiddo had a great time at camp!
    Jen
    Fric and Frac

    ReplyDelete